It is undeniable that Lyon’s optimistic outlook and genuine love of life is contagious to all those around him. At the tender age of four he was diagnosed with Gardner’s Syndrome, a rare genetic abnormality that causes tumors. With the support of his family and help from the community he has survived more than 20 surgeries with an unwavering smile on his face. He has made a conscious choice to live and fights everyday against a disease with no cure. Lyon has tried conventional western medicine in America and in Europe, along with alternative holistic and spiritual practices in Brazil. The stem cell treatments in Europe gave him four years in remission. He and his family have learned the importance of small victories and cherishing every moment that life throws at them. Lyon is truly an inspiration and beacon of light in lives of those he has touched.
Here’s an example of a window campaign for the launch of the new Ultratide watch from Nixon. The window’s are placed in strategic locations and accounts that generate the most foot traffic and have views from the street. (more…)
Check out this new video look book showcasing our new tee-shirt styles for Summer 2015.
This video draws inspiration from the California lifestyle of Beach and Sun.
Director/DP: Brian Hodge
Music: Tim Timebomb and Friends – Mary Lee Version
Excited to launch this /500 x Tim Armstrong “Guitar Repeater” cruiser collab.
This board’s graphic blends Tim’s lifelong passions of music and art. His love of skateboarding has deep roots, back to the early days of OpIvy in the iconic H-Street videos.
Nixon team rider Paul Rodriguez and Primitive founder Andy Netkin share how this special collaboration with Nixon happened. The collection includes brushed rosegold and black materializations which features a custom engraved caseback and a crown sporting Primitive’s distinctive “P” signature.
1. Powered by Surfline: The global leader in surf forecasting for over 30 years.
2. 10X more locations: The Ultratide features more locations than any other watch with real-time access to Surfline’s global network of over 2,700 locations and growing.
3. One and done: Use one touch setup to sync the watch to your phone. Easy companion app makes things simple and seamless.
4. Custom surf alerts: Create custom surf alerts for your favorite spots, and your Ultratide will alert you when the surf is good (or just how you like it) at your selected spots. Never miss an epic session.
5. 10X data points and real-time reporting: Traditional tide watches have 1 point of data. The Ultratide gives you 10 data points updated in real-time via Surfline’s feed.
6. Share your session: Find, follow, share. Tell your 1,000 (or more if you’ve got ‘em) closest friends about your sessions with the Ultratide app.
7. No charging required: Throw away those pesky cables, the coin cell battery requires no charging so you’re ready for every session whether you planned on it or not.
8. Ultra Comfort: The silicone band is extra soft and flexible. Whale belly pattern on the back side of the band helps channel the water off your wrist.
9. High resolution display: Super crisp digital display. Choose between a detailed or simple home screen view, and change the font between black and white.
10. Strong: The solid stainless steel case and bezel means your Ultratide is rugged, tough and can withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
11. Patented locking looper: In a 400 year old industry Nixon was the first watchmaker to patent a locking looper to make sure your watch stays on your wrist and not at the bottom of the ocean.
12. Auto-geolocate: The Ultratide automatically locates the nearest surf spot to your current location.
The Ultratide will be available globally late spring 2015 and will retail for $300 USD.
It’s the beginning of December and Mother Nature has started storming in the Sierras. The 3rd of Decemeber saw plenty of fresh snow at Mammoth Mountain, enjoy this edit of Frank Knab and Jimmy Goodman as they cash in on the white stuff.
Check out the photo and video recap from this years NIXON x T3 anniversary event.